Empathetic Listening, Esteem, And Behavior Change
We provide population health management to large and mid-sized employers. Our delivery model of on-site primary care with embedded health coaching is efficient and effective. But this isn’t what makes us special. We have a powerful secret:
Empathetic listening unlocks the door to behavior change and leads to long-term health.
Behavior change is the key to health. It’s also the missing ingredient in today’s healthcare system. Here’s why: today’s healthcare system treats symptoms, not people.
Our mission gets back to treating people by esteeming them through empathetic listening. This experience unlocks the patient’s ability to think beyond the immediate moment, illness, or symptom by engaging them in a true two-way conversation. It frees them to change their behavior in a lasting way. The results are powerful.
We’ve designed each element of our model around this core concept:
- Our time rich and accessible primary care approach enables providers to build a strong connection with each patient and build a care plan that addresses each patient’s core needs.
- Whole Health Councils, our patient-championed outreach programs create vibrant health cultures in organizations we serve.
- Our coaches are experts in behavior change and empower patients to own their health.
Population Health Management Done Right
Our model has proven its worth in the market since 2012. We’ve integrated with leading health systems like Virginia Mason and Seattle Children’s Hospital, and numerous employers. Now we’re expanding nationally.
The model combines our unique behavior change approach with all of the core elements of best practice population health management:
- Identifying highly impactable individuals through data analysis.
- Intervening and creating tailored care plans.
- Providing ongoing service and support to ensure that the care plan is effectively implemented.
Training Strong Practitioners
We’re committed to making sure only the best providers staff our clinics. To achieve this goal, every employee trains with Vera University. Vera University uses experiential learning methodologies, built around the coach approach, to immerse people into our model. We’ve found that this model can help you no matter where you work…or play. It just helps people turn around, thus increasing their health and wellness along the way.
Vera University is a Seattle-based Vocational School founded in 2010 with the mission to provide the most emotionally intelligent and talented wellness and healthcare providers to the industry. Our graduates apply their expertise and gained skills in a variety of settings, including private practice, hospitals, clinics, fitness and wellness centers, and in corporate teaching, training and development. We attract individuals who are driven by a passion for health and life-long learning
Our leadership team guides Vera with equal doses of vision, smarts, and boldness.